Monday, December 1, 2008

I Believe...

I believe in the magic of Christmas
I believe in the hope for peace on earth
I believe in houses full of family
I believe in the spirit of Santa Claus
I believe in Christmas bells
I believe in hot coco
I believe in mistletoe
I believe in lots of lights
I believe in Christmas cards
I believe in scarves with cute mittens to match
I believe in twinkling stars
I believe in Christmas shopping
I believe in wrapping gifts
I believe in Christmas movies
I believe in family traditions
I believe in Christmas carols
I believe in Christmas trees
I believe in old family ornaments
I believe in Christmas cookies
I believe in ginger bread houses
I believe in writing to Santa
I believe in stockings hung with care
I believe in the Love of our Savior

As we welcome the first day of the Christmas Season, I wanted to share all that I hold dear about the meaning of Christmas. My mother was Christmas herself. If there were ever a time where my mother could live 24/7 it would be Christmas time. I reflect so much of her and even though the missing gets harder... the love just gets deeper. Memories of her seem so very far away, though sometimes closer then others….The one moment where I can envision her face and the look in her eyes so clearly is her face at Christmas time. I was standing in the doorway and the statement she made will always be in my heart.
“Santa Claus is real in the spirit of believing. The love our Savior taught stands pure in a Childs eyes with the magic of Santa Claus. A life without that belief is a life with no meaning at all.”

I believe in you mom, I believe in Santa Claus and all that he stands for and
I believe in Christmas.

8 Lovely FeedBack:

Amber F said...

Thanks Tierra!

{Mo} said...

Tierra, I love it! Your mom sound like my Grandma...she WAS Christmas! There was nothing she loved more. When she passed away unexpectedly on Christmas day three years ago, I knew Christmas would never be the same, and it hasn't been. I am so thankful for all the good memories and the traditions we have and try each year to focus on that and also the true meaning of the haoliday season.
Thanks for sharing~ Monica

Ann Marie said...

I believe you are such a sweet girl! I know your Mom is so proud of you, and I am grateful you are keeping the spirit of Christmas alive with her memory.
She would want you to love and enjoy the holiday for her, so remember to be happy!
Love ya, XO Ann

Ann Marie said...

Oh, and Twilight.. :)

Ann Marie said...

Did I forget to mention that I missed seeing that word in this post? He-He!

Heather said...

I loved the post. Have you heard of the book "I believe in Santa Claus?" It is a book about what you just posted. What your mother had said. I love the book and I have it out right now for the holidays.

Miss Megan said...

I'm sorry that you miss your mom so much. I know how many things a mother can do, and it isn't until we are older (or lose her) that we realize all the silent ways she shows that she cares. I hope you have a very sweet holiday season! Lots of love coming your way...

Megan
P.S. Make sure you comment on my flower post - I want to know what you would pick!!!

Miss Megan said...

P.S. I LOVE your new blog layout! Where did you find it?