Sunday, May 18, 2008

Projects Part 2 & Bridal Shower

Alright, Natalie this one's for you because you were so wonderful to talk to me when it was like 1 am my time and me ranting on about the bridal shower coming up in like 10 hours--LOL! I love ya girlie!

So if ya saw my last post then you already know that this past week was simply horrific! In my life, I have come to realize that I'm just a little bit OCD over details! DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS! And this drives me insane! If you ever come to any of my parties you will never know how I, Tierra Lynne Coleman stress out over the tinest details. Either it's a bridal shower or baby shower or even my own birthday parties I LIKE TO PLAN, I'll go over ever detail consisting of invitations to decorations, table-Chair layouts, color layouts, favors---It really can drive a person insane!

In the End the shower was a HUGE success and Jenneroo got lot's of nice gifts! The food was simply fantastic! I just love the wonderful ladies in my Relief Society who love me enough to help me out--and can cook great, Cause I sure Can't--- BIG Thank You's to Amber Finch & Nicole Peel who made out of this world quiches! To Leah's mom & sister who made a beautiful cake. Kristy Wood for providing the party gift for the bridal shower game! Susan Lindsey for support & help w/ the punch! Vicky Pafford for the HUGE fruit platter and finally Carrie--cousin-- who has listened this past week and gave outstanding support and help setting everything up an running the show w/me! I love you all and count you as great friends~!~

Also, one small Thank you to good ol' dear Martha Stewart for this wonderful recipe I used for punch from MarthaStewart.com--It was delicious and I recommend it highly as a cheap & Easy way to go for a great taste & touch!


Southern Comfort Punch
6 lemons
4 navel oranges
2 six-ounce frozen lemonade, concentrate
1 six-ounce frozen orange juice, concentrate
2 liters lemon-lime soda---Sprite
Chill the lemon-lime soda-Use Sprite for the best result, NO off brand of soda
In punch bowel add 2 cups of ice and poor juices in first and mix up w/ ice. Add soda over top and cut navel oranges and lemons in slices to garnish the punch for the perfect look. Then bless and serve w/ sweet southern charm.
So with that said, here are some pictures of the projects I stressed endlessly over for the Bridal shower I did for Jen this past Saturday.

The Endless Projects



These are the invitation that litterly, NO LIE--took me weeks to come up with after searching pages after pages of digital scrapbooking paper for the right design.


All 105 went out!



These are the center pieces I did that are my fave from the day! They were so easy and so cheap to do! I got lucky by finding the vases for 75 cents at Wal-Mart and those adorable little berry balls came from the dollar tree. I am so proud of myself!




As favors I did little SAVE THE DATE cards I made on cute little gift tags w/a small magnets on back so it's right there on your fridge so you won't forget! Plus alittle chocolate is always a favorite! I then found these tiny little brown bags at Hobby lobby that they just fit perfect in! I sent them through my printer and put Jenny's name and Bridal shower date on it with alitte fancy brown checked tissue paper on top to give it that classy country garden touch!








My whole theme for the shower was sorta a spin off on whats to come at the reception which is apples. The reception theme is a midnight apple garden--Jen's colors for the reception is that dark midnight navy blue w/ navy country toile runner and apple filled vases for center pieces--SO for the bridal shower it was simply a apple garden. Lot's a greens and sweet grass. So for the buffet table working from a small budget I went and bought these big beautiful apple baskets from a local fruit stand and put them at each end of the table and filled it w/ sweet grass and apples! They were so cute and I think---and hope---I made Martha proud!








4 Lovely FeedBack:

Kathy Finch said...

did you really put southern comfort in the punch?

I my days of youth rebellion "I seem to remember that it is full of alcohol.

alright come clean!!!!

The Larsen's said...

Wow! You did an amazing job. I wish I could've been there. I love you!

Carrie and Sergei said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie and Sergei said...

Haha aren't you glad this is over? I bet you can't wait to do all of this for me when the time comes! Right?! Just kidding..Well I'm glad that everything turned out well, you did a great job!