Tuesday, March 29, 2011

spinning like a hurricane


these are the moments i shall treasure always. this was taken last week and the sun was shinning and a handsome eight year old boy was running down the slope in the backyard yelling he was a hurricane and spinning around and around. my baby is SO not a baby. we went shoe shopping the other day for some summer tennis shoes and the guy at dicks sporting goods was measuring his foot. the guy proceeds to tell my nephew to place his heel all the way back against the foot pad to get the right measurement. my nephew scrunches up his face and tells him it is. the man shakes his head and looks at me and asks how old he is. when i reply "just eight"  the man says "well...your going to have one tall, big guy on your hands because his foot has outgrown the kid measurement foot pad." ....me: "uhhh and your saying....." sales guy: "your going to have to look at the men's shoes. we don't have any youth shoes in his size."

i had to buy shoes for my eight year old "baby" in the men section. are-you- freakin-kidding-me?!?!. he is growing soooooo fast.