Saturday, September 11, 2010

When the World Stopped Turning



I was home schooled that year from High school for early private music/voice lessons 4 times a week during the day.
At 9 something in the morning, I was curled up in front of the television watching Live with Regis & Kelly when the screen went to the early coverage. Not knowing what was going on, all of a sudden, i remember seeing exactly this shot. the second plane hitting the first tower that was already hit. My family and i watched almost all day for anything that could tell us what was happening. Where was the president? Would there be more? And where? That night, as President Bush spoke to the American people, i was so proud to be an American. And the many days that followed, flags flew everywhere. Radio stations played patriotic songs. TV channels went on hold for moments of silence. I prayed daily for those families in New York and Washington. The previous year, I had been to New York to preform at the statue of Liberty with my honers chorus and had taken pictures of those high high towers from the island. I just want to note that I shall never forget. That I love this land. This American soil. And though there are those that say this world is full of so much evil (which I agree) I still say that there is still so much good. And for that, those lost would want us to remember and to still say let freedom ring.

Because there is still so much good worth fighting for. I am proud to be an American. Again, I shall never forget....