Friday, November 6, 2009

Birthday Beginnings





Twenty Four hopefully will be a good year. After all, it's an EVEN number and we all know how I like my even numbers LOL So, how did your day go? What did you do? Is it truly over? The wait is no longer people, I shall answer them all! First, I HIGHLY and I do mean HIGHLY recommend being woke up with a box of delicious donuts and pastries from your favorite bakery. It's absolutely delightful. I love that word by the way, delightful! My day started at 8 o'clock am with my aunts waking me up with a box from the Blackbird Bakery full with all my favorite doughnuts and such. Do you know what that was? HEAVEN I tell ya or was it a sin? SINFULLY delicious anyway! Dear family, I think your on to something wonderful! Keep it up! Love me.

My day was so sweet. All day long my cell phone went off the hook with message alerts from facebook birthday wishes. I LOVED it! My best friend Jen texted me with a surprise announcement that she was coming up! So off we went to Red Lobster for lunch with my aunt and her adorable baby Jackson. After stuffing our selves with the endless shrimp fest and coconut shrimp & shrimp scampi, we said goodbye. Me and my aunt went shopping after that.
But, I think the sweetest part of the whole day was when I saw my grandfather and he gave me my card. He told me that, for the first time, he went card shopping. Without my grandmother who passed away in May. I just thought how bittersweet & cute, picturing my sweet grandaddy card shopping for the first time for a card that said "To a Darling Granddaughter" with sweet little kittens on the front! AWESOME.

But, wait...it's not over yet folks....Sunday is my party! My aunt and uncle who run a great restaurant downtown is letting me have it there with friends and family. And of course...a giant cookie cake {already paid for BTW} Sunday though is the only day my Dad will be able to come down. I'm so excited! Lot's of pictures for sure to come!

9 Lovely FeedBack:

Suzanne said...

Looks like you are having a lovely birthday! Hope your weekend is just as fantastic! -Suzanne

{Mo} said...

Yippie! for a spectacular birthday wake-up... hope the rest of the weekend is wonderful too! you deserve it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (just a bit late). Love ya!

Ann Marie said...

Yay!!! The day sounded lovely.
Red Lobster has some of my favorite biscuits ever.
Cheese Buscuits and shrimp = Jealous.

So glad you were awaken to Donuts. Maybe next year your Edward? he-he

Happy Sunday Celebrating!! :)

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

24! Holy crappers. Maybe I'll get you some denture adhesive for your birthday.

-c

ps That doughnut makes me want an Almond Joy. Cravings! Maybe I'm pregnant.

Heather said...

I love that your grandpa bought a card on his own. That is precious.

I am glad you had a wonderful day. I look forward to the pictures from Sunday.

CB said...

Man oh Man - and we are talking Edward here baby!
YOu totally deserve to be spoiled with doughnuts and shrimp and other yummy things on your birthday!!
I wish I could jump on your bed and sing you the birthday song - Hope the whole weekend was SUPER Happy!!
Love ya

Jenny Snyder said...

Red Lobster was so yummy....I love celebrating your birthday b/c I always get great food. And it was so cute went jackson fell asleep in his high chair. I want Pictures!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY~~

Anonymous said...

Oh girl I'm so glad you had a great day! You definately deserve it, considering the fact that you're the GREATEST!!!

Anonymous said...

That was me btw.
Ratalie