Tuesday, December 20, 2011

During the Twelve days of Christmas..... (and a shot in the rear)

my body gave me Bronchitis! i thought it was just a cold. so i pushed through it and pushed and willed my body into going out into the cold into stores. to church on sunday and even going into work a shift at the hospital. and from there it went from just bad to worse. to even more worse.



right in the middle of my holiday cheer and trying to finish up wrapping and shopping and such....my body just gave out. i have never had bronchitis before and all can say is my list for santa went from please send me an IPAD too please just make me well!!! and fast! tonight is the first night i feel 85% better. i took a shower. clean clothes. clean hair. awwww much better. on monday when i crawled myself to the doctor first thing that morning (which was no easy task) he took one look at me and some deep breathing to listening to my lungs and ordered a fast shot to the butt of steroids. can i just say i have never loved a getting shot as much as i loved getting that one? holy goodness, i went to feeling like deaths door to three hours later able to breathe and taste a cup of broth. he also put me on a high antibiotic and it's helping tremendously so, but now i think i might be getting a yeast infection (gross)!

after my shower, i took one look at my living room of holiday wonderful-ness that then looked like a sick germ infested snowball of tissues and  immediately went into picking up, disinfecting, wiping off phones, remote controls, spraying furniture and putting blankets in the wash. my living room is now back to normal.

my thankful list includes:

  • Gatorade. lot's an lot's of Gatorade.
  • tissues (three boxes were used)
  • insurance (my shot to the butt and the antibiotic came to a whopping $900 dollars! thanks to great insurance, i payed $12 bucks!)
  • disinfecting wipes -need i say more?
  • soups- i am a FIRM believer that soups play a key role in getting bettter.
  • funny txt messages from friends and family cousins to entertain me.-justin beiber anyone?
  • wonderful, sweet guy friends at church to give me a blessing. endless gratefulness for that.
  • disinfecting spray. (i have sprayed EVERYTHING!)
  • my aunt carolyn who has been my runner to picking up foods and making me soups and getting prescriptions and being there for what ever i needed. I just PRAY she does not get sick!!!!!!!!
  • christmas cards. making myself at least get up to go to the mailbox for holiday mail!
  • and finally, that shot to the butt! goodness, life savor i tell ya! life saver!!!!
i sincerely hope every has a merry, GERM SICK free christmas. and in the words of my friend Ann from facebook..... 
Merry Christmas....WASH YOUR HANDS!

4 Lovely FeedBack:

Allison Marie said...

So glad you're feeling better!! Just in time for Christmas too!!! Merry Christmas to my sweet wifey! LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you've been so sick. I'm still coughing from whatever cold I had over a week ago. I hope you get back to 100% soon. Merry Christmas dear!

*muah*

Christy said...

Hi *whispers* mistress lol
Glad you are feeling better! though I have to say the shot in the butt does not sound fun. Been there done that when I was pregnant with Alexander. THOSE HURT!! hehe So...if you ever need someone to rub it better.... ;) LOVE YOU!!!!

Ann Marie said...

hahahahaha! I got a shout out!!

It's been BAD here as well. No shots.. yet.. but BAD.

I seriously could have written a post very similar.

Hope you get well.. and an IPAD. ♥