Monday, September 5, 2011

a nine yearold birthday

i am so behind! last week was one of the hardest weeks in my working career up to this date! and wouldnt you know it, anything and everything had to be jammed into that week(church YW activities, nephews major school project due, his scout projects due, house to clean, laundry, his birthday parties to plan, presents to buy, cakes to order etc etc) and yet work demanded a lot of hours. darn that hospital! hence me being wayyyyy behind. anywho....

my baby turned 9 on saturday. NINE! as in this will be his last year in single digits and then double digits from now on. NO. FREAKIN. WAY! it really was just the other day that a 16teen yearold tierra was holding and feeding and changing diapers to her brand spankin new nephew. sidenote: i gave him his very first bottle and changed his first diaper when he was only 4 hours old. and didnt have a clue to what i was doing LOL your probably askin why is that? where was his mother? and to that i say...i'm still asking where his mother is.....but thats another story for another day. -----------------------> moving on.

did you hear me say he's NINE!   NINE      NINE      NINE! ....my goodness time flys. and i don't like it one bit. that day on september 3rd 2002 it was pure love at first site. i will admit to feeling very left behind when my brother had announced that there would be a new baby in the family months prior and was just surrrre that i would lose the top spot in my brothers radar.

and you know what...i did.

and it was 1000% worth it the minute the nurse popped in the room to where my sisterinlaw had just given birth and wheeled a beautiful baby boy into the room who was very fussy and hungry. infact....my brother lost his spot on my radar as i picked him up and did what just felt natural. even though he wasn't fully mine and i wasn't the one who had given birth to him...he became a part of me that will forever be attached.

from that point on my world was completely  turned upside down and made magical and very busy thanks to that sweet baby boy. he has been my constant in a life full of ups and downs. he has shown me what it's really like to be a  mother and to really embrace and love the divine right that heavenly father has given to us women to hold and nurture and care for a child.

Happy Birthday my sweet Baby! more birthday madness to come....