Wednesday, April 13, 2011

i sang lion king songs all day....


 my grandfather surprised me the other day at work (the hospital). thankfully he was only there for a stress test and getting some shots in the tush {tee hee}
when i asked him what for, he just calmly explained he was leaving for an African safari. i was like "say whaaaa???" okay maybe not that way but i was shocked no less. my grandfather whose in his 80's just calmly proclaimed he was not only leaving the country but going on the other side the world for a two week resort safari adventure. dang! i wannna goooooo! i'm laughing just picturing my grandfather with his best guy buddy {their so darling to watch!} trumping through the african brush! as i was grinning from ear to ear just picturing this and slightly laughing/halfway joking, I asked if he had bought one of those safari hats....he replied he did. GAH!!! it's just to cute folks to invision. i made him promise to take tons and tons of photos. oooh if only to be a zebra running through the wild arfrican side watching my 80 sumthin grandfather in his oh so african safari hat trudge along! that would be SO awesome don't ya think? i'm so jeal of him and yet extremly proud of him still living life. getting older and still moving along and taking leaps is a privilage and i was so proud to be his grandaughter. and that my coworkers were able to meet him.

so at work my coworkers got to hear (all day long i might add bahahaha) my concert rendition of lion king songs. what can i say? my grandfather inspired me to dig deep and just let the notes fly LOLOL
to listen to my top two faves and crowd pleasers go here and here. on the first song, just picture me singing the first 20 seconds of that song realllllyyyy loud on the elevators! hakuna matata people. hakuna matata!