Sunday, April 10, 2011

don't let it be forgot {camelot}



dont let it be forgot, that once there was a spot. for one, brief shinning moment, that was known, as camelot.

tonight, i just finished balling my eyes out. why? you may ask... well jeepers, ever since i was wee wee little thang{seriously people} i was nosy. who me? nosy?....NO WAY! yes dear readers it's true. and with my ever always present skill for being all- things- nosy.....i was into everything. my grandmother if she were still alive would probably want to switch my legs again for my many shortcomings of snooping. anywho.....i can recall finding all my grandmothers old newspapers from when president kennedy was shot. i thought they were so cool. not in the "he was shot" way but be cause they were history. i felt like my family had something very special that know one in the world had. something in me just sparked for the kennedy family and the older  i got the more it came. i have tons of books on jack and jackie. i've studied his politics and watched every documentary there was. SOOOOO with last years announcement of the 8 part mini series on the kennedys...i was like BRING IT! i was soooo pumped. i love history and i love history when it hits close to home. as i'm typing this i just do not think i can convey enough for my deep fascination with the kennedys or jackie and her life after president kennedy was shot. some of you might not even care. and that's okay.

as it was ending tonight with the last episode with the scenes on the assassination and then bobby kennedys assassination... i cried like there was no tomorrow. as if i was there when all this took place. my heart was broken for what would never be. regardless of what you feel for this family or president kennedy as a man, he was a d*** good president. his brother bobby was my type of a man. and bobby would have been an even better president had he not have been shot in 1969.
i look at this nation now and tonight my aunt and i discussed how they might have handle the things that are going on right now. what would they have said? done? i feel like president kennedy had a true love for this nation and  his brother did as well. they were men who waded that love to make sure they covered every option before leaping when crises arise. now we have a stand where it's all for show. "change"....well, all the change we have had has been for show. i want a man as my next president who knows his country. who knows his fellow man. and so tonight i cried my eyes out for a past generation that had something special.

as my favorite poem up at the top says....
dont let it be forgot, that once their was a spot. for one brief shinning moment, that was known as camelot.

I HIGHLY recommend you watch this mini series. it was incredible the way the actors looked and sounded like the true persons they were portraying. it shed deep insight into this dynamic family.