Wednesday, December 15, 2010

want. need. wear. read. {new christmas gift tradition}


for the past year, i have been following this lovely woman and her beautiful family on her blog. her name is Danielle and her blog is dandee. you can see her sidebar button -----------> over there somewhere. not a day goes by that i don't check her blog. she is absolutely charming with her simple yet sophisticated style.

in her home every year for her children, for gift giving she goes by these 4 word rules. want. need. wear. read.
for my nephew, i fell in love with that idea. you can read her post about it here. I highly recommend it and her.


so this year, that is just what i have done for my nephew. under the tree from me and his granny are our gifts that go by each word rule. 

for the want, straight off from his list to Santa is this.
for the need, since he is moving back from the beach, he will need this
for the read, i chose this {this was my favorite to pick out, I'm all about giving him something to read}
and finally for the wear, he will be getting this {also his Christmas pj's}

all of these items i found onsale during the christmas holiday, so don't be fooled by the prices!

i'm so excited for my nephew to open these! i hope that as the holidays approaches, christmas traditions new and old are in full swing.

now excuse me, i need to go blow dry my hair before going to work! it's a lovely 15 degrees outside. BRRRR!

2 Lovely FeedBack:

Jen Schultz said...

Wow! I *really* like this idea! I'll have to try to figure out how to get all of our parents on board with a rotation system of some kind 'cause this year's gift haul is ridiculous. Our bedroom closet is coming pretty close to max capacity trying to hide everything everyone got for her. Great idea, Tierra! Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

I love it!