Thursday, December 16, 2010

kitchen gadget gift exchange {new christmas gift tradtion}



every year since i can remember, me and my fellow girl cousins have given each other
gifts each year and exchanged them on christmas eve. 
carrie, alexa, melanie, and myself have always done this. 

so this year were changing things up. 

we are doing the kitchen gadget swap. all four of us have written down items 
that we need for our kitchens but just never seem to remember to buy.

the deal though is that we can only spend up to $5 dollars or less.

when buying presents for all of us and our extended families, presents can defiantly add up.
this way, this year, we are keeping things simple but yet practical. 

after all...don't we all think of some item we need in our kitchen but for some reason,
we just seem to forget to buy when were at the store?

as an example, my list goes:

 1. measuring cups { i lose them or the numbers fade
and i'm always needing the 1/3 or 1/4 cup}

 2. apple cutter {you know, the one that slices them evenly
down the center of the apple?}

 3. potato peeler {during the holidays,
you can never have to many!}


my cousin carrie sent her list and her's  are things like spatulas 
and cookie cutters and measuring spoons.
if you need a new tradition or a a new gift idea that's simple 
and inexpensive, i say try this. 
you can always jazz it up too.

2 Lovely FeedBack:

Ann Marie said...

What a fabulous idea!
I might have to do this nest year!!

I got your package today! What a happy surprise! Thank you lady!!!
I LOVE-LOVE the Biltmore stuff.. and yes.. if I come out.. were going!

Merry Christmas! Love ya...

Heather said...

That is a great idea! You will be giving something that is needed!