Monday, February 22, 2010

To Light you Home {Catie}

This morning, Catie passed away. I can't tell you how many thoughts I have running through my head and tears I have shed. Forever, upon the rest of my time on this earth, I want to strive to be a woman & mother completely like Catie.
This is a video her Husband Steve put together. If you know her, then you'll remember this huge bright smile. If you didn't, then you will have a glimpse of a what a eternal family and woman of true strength looks like.



6 Lovely FeedBack:

Anonymous said...

I can't get Firefox or IE to play the video!

I heard about Catie on a trip to Kingsport, TN, with her mother over a year ago. My heart was heavy as I heard her story of deciding to risk her life for the sake of her unborn child. Sister Dunn told me that she was doing well and that the baby was doing amazing for a preemie. Now I know that Catie lost her battle with her rare form of cancer and my heart is broken for her family and friends who knew and loved her. I wish I could have gotten to know her too. Just from hearing her story I know how strong and amazing she was, and can imagine the light she shed on all who knew her. My prayers are with her family and friends, and definitely with you during this difficult time. *hugs*

Ann Marie said...

On so many levels.. this was very hard for me to watch. Very hard.

What a beautiful woman. Every picture is pure and loving.. and you can see that she lived life to the fullest.

What type of cancer did she have again? ~ And how long was her life after she was diagnosed?

My heart goes out to her family.. and you... her friends. XOXO

{Mo} said...

What hard hard thing for everyone whose life she touched! It so hard to understand Heavenly Fathers plan sometimes, but yet so comforting to KNOW that He trully does have a plan and will be there to bless and comfort you every step of the way if you just let Him!

CB said...

Ohhhh so sad when a life is cut short.
I have no words. I can understand your tears.
So thankful Heavenly Father has a plan but it sometimes doesn't feel any easier.
God Bless Tierra.

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

I only knew Catie briefly. She left for her mission shortly after we moved here. But I knew enough of her spirit through her wonderful mother and father. My heart is broken for them and for her beautiful children. What a loving tribute from her husband. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Heather said...

That was a beautiful but hard to watch. She truly was a lovely person. You can truly see how much she loved her children and husband. She is truly a daughter of god. My heart breaks for you and her family. I am so thankful for the plan of salvation, that her family will see her again. They will be in my prayers for sure. Sorry for you loss. She truly was a loss but you will see her again. I will pray for comfort for you too. I love you!